U-BASE is a white under-base discharge ink specifically designed for use in conjunction with Plastisol and Water-Based inks.
U-BASE is used as a colour stripping under-base. The natural fabric colour is replaced with white under-base.
Suitable fabrics are easily discharged producing an extremely soft-hand.
U-BASE’s rheology and flow characteristics allow it to be printed with high mesh counts, which produces very fine image detail and a softer finish.
Available in 3 stock sizes, they are 1kg, 5kg and 18 kg all from Screen Printing Essentials today. (Activator sold separately)
How to use
To use U-Base you firstly need to ensure that your screens are prepared with water based emulsion, this will prevent any premature stencil breakdowns whilst printing.
Then mix in 3-6% D-Powder Premium activator and stir well, allow ink to stand for three minutes after activation is carried out. Different percentages of activator will affect the overall discharge results, increase or decrease the amount to achieve your desired result.
Remember to only activate enough ink for use within a 10 to 12 hour period. If you are using colour pigments we recommend 1-10% for standard pigments and then up to 20% for florescent pigments.
U-Base may be diluted with water if a lower viscosity is desired up to 10% maximum.
- White water based discharge ink.
- Suitable for fabrics that are easily dischargeable.
- Produces extremely soft hand.
- Can be used in conjunction with other ink systems to product multiple effects.
- Can be printed with high mesh counts.
- Can be used for colour-stripping, bleaching, under base or with pigments.
- Available in two other sizes – 5kg and 18kg.
SDS / Technical Information
HS Tariff Code